Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just one of THOSE days...

So this morning started off with Brynnly waking up at 6am (which is a little too early for me) because I am use to my kids sleeping in late around here. Anyways, after I was up every few hours throughout the night with Chace (because he has an ear infection and has been a lil stinker lately not wanting to sleep) 6am was too early for me to function this morning. So I grabbed Brynnly a box of cereal, turned on TV in our bedroom and had her lay down next too me. Before I knew it, it was 9:00am when I opened my eyes again...with Brynnly still laying next too me eating cereal and watching TV. Although I realized that she wasn't in her pajamas anymore and had dressed herself in quite the interesting outfit, both the shirt and skirt inside out. Right when I woke up she said, "Mommy don't worry I found my bow at the park and then I went to Michael's house (her friend who lives across the street) and his mom said that he wasn't home." I thought for a moment that she was just saying that, but then I started asking her more questions and realized that all of that was probably true! I seriously was freaking out when I saw that the front door was unlocked. Because Brian ALWAYS locks it when he leaves. Well Bryce was still asleep and I had to wake him up to take him to playgroup. When I got to my friends house where playgroup was she said that she went to Bashas this morning and saw a little girl playing at the park and thought for a minute that it was Brynnly, but then said she didn't see me and knew that I was scared about letting her play over their without me so figured it was some older girl. So when she told me this, I was like Oh my Gosh, that WAS my sweet little girl over playing at the park alone this morning!!

Anyways, it really made me scared of what could have happened and when I tried talking to Brynnly about it, she told me that she looked both ways before she crossed the street and no cars were coming! Seriously. I felt like a GREAT mom today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

Dallings said...

Scary. I'm so glad she was safe. I think every mom has times when they have a hard time staying awake. Your a great mom!