Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tonight I realized that I lack in the imagination department...
Usually Brian puts the kids to bed everynight because it is his special time that he gets to spend with them and before bed he either tells them a story or reads a book...
But tonight we started painting our playroom and he was busy working away and I didn't want him to stop so I said that I would put the kids to bed tonight. So they came in our bed and I was trying to make up some cool story to tell Brynnly and Bryce... and I was going along (I am sure I was just getting to the good part) and Brynnly says, "Mommy I like it when daddy tells us stories, yours are kinda boring and making me fall asleep." RUDE!
So I guess Brian is honored with that duty still.
And it is 9:43pm now and both kids are still awake, I am on the internet and Brian is still painting. I stunk at my job tonight. (but when their being so cute and good I just hate to put them too bed!)

3 comments:

Ashley and Dave said...

You should have just kept on telling your story...if it was making her sleepy...isnt that the point :)

Tiffany said...

Good point Ash, but the only problem was that she was not sleepy one bit, I think she was just trying to make me stop!

tiffany knox said...

maybe you have a great imagination just not at 900 at night! I am good for stories but my brain shuts off at 7 or so so bedtime stories is chris's department as well. sometimes if I lack imagination, Ill try ro talk with a british accent. who doesnt like that right?
it was good to see you when I was in town. you have such a cute house and family! I want to hire you as my interior decorator for sure!